In my never ending quest to make life a little greener, I recycle, compost, grow my own veggies, clean with natural products, and buy products without much packaging. I came across Flor carpet squares and they’re perfect for my lifestyle.
Flor‘s aim is to replace regular old roll carpet and the “take, make, waste” philosophy of the industry that produces it. They use mostly renewable and recycled material and the rugs have low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). Flor even offers an option to return and recycle the carpet square. They promise to eliminate any negative impact their companies may have on the environment by the year 2020.
This story starts out with a cheap IKEA rug and ends with a happy momma. We bought a 5×7 carpet at IKEA over the summer, and it proceeded to get so filthy and stained that I banished it to the basement. It was barely used, being in an infants room, and nothing other than water ever spilled on it. Nontheless, it got disgusting. Fortunately, just as it got banished, the Flor package waited to be opened.
We received the Flor Stampede Tiles, and laid them out on top of my cupcake’s very cold (uninsulated in the crawlspace) laminate wood flooring. The existing floor was clean, hard, and level, so it was super easy to lay out the carpet tiles and arrange them how I wanted. My husband installed the strong adhesive sticky dots at all of the joints and outer seams to hold the tiles together, and I had a beautiful quirky rug in less than 10 minutes.
I worried that the texture would be rough on cupcake’s skin, but these tiles are just as soft as my living room carpet and she hasn’t gotten rug burn yet. Even better is the fact that they hide dirt enough to keep me from vacuuming every day and I know that if one gets damaged or stained, all I have to do is replace the tile, not the whole rug.
My other daughter (let’s call her pumpkin) liked the Flor so much that we got her a matching one. This time we didn’t attach the tiles to each other, and she has a blast reconfiguring them around her room. The rubber backing provides a good enough grip that they stay in place on top of hardwood floors.
If you want to see how easy Flor is to install, their site has instructional videos. There are tons of colors, styles and patterns to choose from and they can be placed in any design you want.You can purchase them online, from a retailer near you, or win them in our giveaway.
We are giving away a 5′ x 7′ Patch Me If You Can Flor Rug. Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Tell us which color one you want – Mild, Spicy, or Mango (Shown here). Visit the Flor website to view their selection.
- For an extra entry, you can follow us on Twitter. Post a comment here with your Twitter username.
- For a third entry you can tweet about this giveaway or post about it on your blog and leave a comment here with either the URL of your post or your twitter profile.
- For a fourth subscribe to our RSS feed, leaving a link here to tell us you’ve done so. We’ll be posting more giveaways on Momma’s Review soon so subscribing will be a great way for you to stay informed about all the great things you can win in the days and weeks to come.
- As a final entry donate $1.00 (or more if you’d like) to the I Heart Tucker fund. This can be done through PayPal and your donation would be greatly appreciated. Just visit I Heart Tucker and click on the donate button on the right sidebar, you can also enter raffles on the I Heart Tucker site with donations you have made! Make sure to come back and tell us you donated.
This giveaway is open to US readers only (sorry to our international readers)!
The contest will close at 12:00 p.m. EST on Monday March 16th.
About the Momma:
Amanda @ funkEpunkEmonkE.com
Mrs. Suzzi Heartbreaker is a homemaker, roller derby vixen, freelance web architect, boutique owner, wife, and mother of two girls. She is a supermom and loves it.