Hasbro’s newest way to get your family together for family game night is bringing the fun of board games to the Wii. As a mother it is important to me to find new ways for our family to spend time together and interact with each other. When we received Hasbro Family Game Night for the Wii both of my daughters immediately decided that it was theirs and not mine.
The game declares: “Join your host Mr. Potato Head as you play classic Hasbro games as well as exciting new versions. Hasbro Family Game Night features family favorites such as Connect Four, Battleship, Yahtzee, Boggle, Sorry! and the all new Sorry! Sliders.”
My husband and I popped in the game and were overjoyed by the main character of this game, Mr. Potato Head! He hangs out with you every step of the way and even does fun little dances that my two year old loved duplicating. The first game we tried was Battleship. We both were confused how Battleship could be played when we both could see the screen. The round started and I was told to turn around by the game. At this point my husband was able to put his ships on the board. Then we switched. After the ships are in place the battle began. The bottom of the “game board” looked like water and rippled, and whenever a torpedo missed or hit you got a loud noise letting you know plus fun visual.
We also tried Sorry Sliders, which we don’t have the physical board for. Trust me, though, we will be getting it. Basically you just chuck your color Sorry piece into the center of the board and try to get points. The game also calls for hitting the other players pieces out of high scoring points. Think darts that you slide.
Last we sampled Yahtzee. Something my husband has never tried! Once we figured out the buttons and the shaking process it was very much fun. The typing for the scorecard and the buttons for choosing were confusing. There were times that I chose the wrong one by accident. With some more time playing, that didn’t happen as often.
Hasbro Family Game Night for the Wii is fun and interactive. It is great for all ages and got our whole family involved. It can be purchased from Amazon for only $36.99.
We are giving away two copies of Hasbro Family Game Night for the Wii. That means two winners! Here’s how you can enter to win:
- After reading this review, let us know what you think your favorite game will be on Hasbro Family Game Night.
- For an extra entry, you can follow us on Twitter. Post a comment here with your Twitter username.
- For a third entry you can tweet about this giveaway or post about it on your blog and leave a comment here with either the URL of your post or your twitter profile.
- For a fourth subscribe to our RSS feed, leaving a link here to tell us you’ve done so. We’ll be posting more giveaways on Momma’s Review soon so subscribing will be a great way for you to stay informed about all the great things you can win in the days and weeks to come.
- As a final entry donate $1.00 (or more if you’d like) to the I Heart Tucker fund. This can be done through PayPal and your donation would be greatly appreciated. Just visit I Heart Tucker and click on the donate button on the right sidebar, you can also enter raffles on the I Heart Tucker site with donations you have made! Make sure to come back and tell us you donated.
This giveaway is open to US readers only (sorry to our international readers)!
The contest will close at 12:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday March 18th.