I’d like you guys to meet the video camera of my dreams – slim, compact and easy to use (not to mention oh-so-pretty in ruby red) – this JVC Everio Series G camcorder has a built in 60 GB hard drive and also takes Micro SD cards to add even more storage for longer events. Even at the highest quality setting this camera gets 14 hours of film time (which seems like a TON to me) but you can get as much as 75 hours on the economy setting (and more if you have external memory).
I was very happy with the video and audio quality of this camcorder and once I learn all the bells and whistles (or my husband shows them to me) I am pretty sure there will be nothing this camcorder can’t do – like any piece of technology you’ll find that it starts out good and gets better and better the more you play with it. The things my tech savvier husband can do with this camcorder are drool worthy – but for the normal people out there like me – you will still be able to use this camera in any basic capacity and get a video you can be proud of.
Load this camcorder into your high range video editing software and go to town – but if you don’t have that expensive software (I know I don’t) you can edit these videos using the included Everio software or iMovie for you Mac users. I edited some videos using both iMovie on my Mac and the included software from Everio on my in-laws Windows machine and both methods worked well for me – I think you will find the Everio software simpler to understand – perfect for beginner users – with a very easy upload to YouTube option. I think this is great because just getting the camcorder and uploading some videos shouldn’t completely baffle any first time users – it’s simple and to the point (although on a slow computer, keep in mind that the software will be just as slow – this is movie editing after all) and gives you everything you NEED to get started. Then the day that you say, “I love this and want to do MORE!” you can invest in some expensive software.
Here’s a video I took of my son at the park, edited in the Everio software and uploaded directly to YouTube. You will notice a little bit of wind noise, but I found a function in the camcorder which will reduce that noise (wish I’d found it while I was filming!). Still even with the noise, I found my son’s voice was still easy to hear and the video quality was good (although much better in the original high quality – you have to reduce the quality a little bit to upload to YouTube just because of file size – but you’ll find that’s true with any camcorder I think).
It’s all about versatility in my mind – have the file size you want – make the movie lengths you want – make it as complicated and simple as you want – and you can have your choice in color, too! This model camcorder comes in Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red. They have other higher end models that come in different colors, with slightly different specs (zoom capabilities and memory storage options). And of course JVC makes all sorts of products that can suit any of your gadget needs.
Want to win one of the JVC Everio Series G camcorders? We’re giving away one camcorder to one very lucky reader!
Here’s how you can enter to win:
- Tell us what other JVC product you would most like to own (besides this camcorder). This is mandatory to be eligible and all other entries will be null and void if this is not done.
- Tweet the following message on Twitter: “Enter to win a JVC camcorder @Mommasreview – new chances to win every day! http://mommasreview.com”
- For more entries – you can twitter this giveaway EVERY day until the contest closes on April 3rd – leave a comment on this post each day to tell us you’ve twittered again.
- For a fourth entry post about it on your blog and leave a comment here with the URL of your post.
- For a fifth entry subscribe to our RSS feed, leaving a comment to tell us you’ve done so. We’ll be posting more giveaways on Momma’s Review soon so subscribing will be a great way for you to stay informed about all the great things you can win in the days and weeks to come.
- As a final entry donate $1.00 (or more if you’d like) to the I Heart Tucker fund. This can be done through PayPal and your donation would be greatly appreciated. Just visit I Heart Tucker and click on the donate button on the right sidebar, you can also enter raffles on the I Heart Tucker site with donations you have made! Make sure to come back and tell us you donated.
This giveaway is open to US readers only (sorry to our international readers)!
The contest will close at 12:00 p.m. EST on Friday April 3rd.
For another chance to win a JVC Camera be sure to check out my friend Kristin at An Ordinary Life!
This giveaway is now CLOSED! Thank you to all who entered. The winner will be announced momentarily.