Dollar Savvy is a great new money saving website from RDA that’s slogan declares “Find & Share Your Dollar Savvy Tips.” With the crumbling economy I know everyone around me is cutting corners in every way possible. So those little tips and tricks that others use can come in handy for us, well Dollar Savvy has got those for you.
Some of my favorite tips are:
If you don’t want your bathroom or kitchen to smell like a “meadow” or a “freshly baked apple pie,” (unless you’ve just baked one) but you do want to minimize or neutralize odor, make a homemade air freshener by combining 1 tablespoon baking soda with 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small misting spray bottle. When the foaming stops, add a cup of water. Shake well to combine, and spray as needed in kitchen or bath. (Make a fresh bottle every two weeks for best results.)
To keep grilled fish from drying out, wrap whole fish or fillets in strips of smoked bacon. The bacon also enhances the smoky aromas of grilled fish.
The second tip adds my two favorite things together. Fish and bacon. I’m in heaven just thinking about it! I will certainly be trying that soon. Dollar Savvy is running a fantastic cash giveaway for great tips just like those. All you have to do is answer their “Cool Cash Question” with your very own tip. See the contest guidelines below for more information and don’t forget to check out Dollar Savvy!
- Each Wednesday for eight consecutive weeks Get Dollar Savvy will pose a new question about ways to save money.
- Send them your answer (100 words or less) by the following Monday. Plus make sure to fill out the entry form completely!
- An editor at getdollarsavvy.com will choose 5 finalists from the week’s submissions based on uniqueness (50%), practicality (25%), and cost-savings potential (25%).
- Beginning the following Wednesday, visitors to getdollarsavvy.com can vote on their favorite tip.
- The tip that gets the most votes by the close of voting the following Tuesday wins $250!
For complete contest rules, information and schedule, click here