On Saturday night our team: Me, Amanda, and Jen (and our respective families) got together to enjoy some games, fun, and chit-chat. We were lucky enough to receive a few days before game night the video game NASCAR Kart Racing.
The game boasts:
The first and only NASCAR title available for the Wii! Pre-order your copy today, the game ships on February 10, 2009!
Experience the thrill of racing with the pack-on and off the track-with NASCAR® Kart Racing! Grab the steering wheel as a famed NASCAR driver and speed off through treacherous terrain, wind around rocky cliffs, jump rivers and dodge falling boulders. Invite your family and friends to join the fun! Compete together to see who will be the first to fly across the finish line and enjoy the glory of a coveted NASCAR win!
We sat down and went through the initial set up. I was the only person who fully knew who the drivers were so I told everyone who to pick. You are able to pick two drivers. I picked Carl Edwards and Elliot Sadler who are some of the drivers I enjoy. I like Carl Edwards because he back flips and I like Elliot Sadler because he once crossed the finish line on his hood. There is also Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jr, and more.
We established the game to be a four player and it was me, my husband, Amanda, and Jen’s husband Dan. Next we were able to learn how to steer. This was very easy, actually. Especially with the Wii controller, all that we had to do was hold the controller sideways and use the 2 button to use the gas. Then in order to take corners all you have to do is tilt the controller from side to side.
We got the visual tutorial down and moved on to the actual game playing. We got very into it. At first we had no idea how to control the cars, this is mainly our fault as we did not read the instructions fully and we decided to jump on into it. Once we learned how to throw bombs at each other and also to draft using some sort of electrical current, the game really got into action. There was quite a bit of screaming and yelling in excitement and we certainly enjoyed it.
Some things I liked about the game.
- NASCAR Kart Racing got the whole family involved into the game. Even those watching were laughing and cheering along. Especially the level that we kept flying off the edges of the road due to bad steering.
- The graphics are decent and the concept compares a lot to Mario Kart.
- It was easy to steer and play and only took us one round of trial to learn how to play.
- The game is rated “E” for Everyone which means the whole family or group can play along.
Some things that I would suggest:
- This is a good party game for those who love racing games or loves NASCAR.
- We used a 4-player game on a 19-inch TV. The TV was not large enough to get a good visual of each of the players and there was some squinting involved. With a larger TV I feel the game play would be very fun.
NASCAR Kart racing will be sold in all retail stores on February 10th, 2009 and can be pre-ordered through certain retailers now. The game retails for about $39.99.
For more fantastic games check out EA Games who have (in my opinion) the best video games for you and your family!